Greeny
    2015-12-28 01:49:35
    Do not bay maxisys 908 it isn't worth the hassil

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-12-28 02:33:22 (Reply to:Greeny)

Can you please give any good reason why should not buy Maxisys.........................? What really upset you...............?

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-12-28 13:22:09 (Reply to:Greeny)

I will say this and it is just my opinion, I have several scanners, from Launch scanpad, to OTC , to oem C3 Xentry -DAS Mercedes multiplexer,BMW - SSS,DIS,PROGMAN, E- esys,Ford IDS,JAGUAR SDD, and more. I will say the Maxysis is by far the fastest and most convenient unit and for the money it can't be beat. I have used it on BMW,FORD,JAGUAR,MERCEDES,LAND ROVER,AUDI,and it has always guided me and allowed me to do variant coding, to retrieving oem codes, to configuring keys, looking up pin codes, doing EWS,-CAS realignments,steering angle calibrations, both electronic and active platforms. It has allowed me to be more efficient by multitasking. It is fast,its not perfect, but I can tell you that when comparing apples to oranges it leaves most in the dust. i was just told by a Snap on guy that BMW,AND MANY OTHER MANUFACTURERS may be or may have joined FORD to sue Autel. Now if this unit wasn't so damn good why do you think they are so frightened and angry? Many other scanners out there that use similar layout as Autel  ,but I havent seen then go after those companies....My advise is to use it,get very very   familiar with it. I have had mine almost two years and it paid for itself over and over...This is just my opinion...and I approve this message...lol

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-29 18:51:39 (Reply to:912guy)

I have to agree with you up to a point it is good value for the money,, but what i find most annoying is the degrading of the product but with complete denial that they are doing so......tech support is like the fire brigade arriving after the fire has gone out..

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2016-01-02 00:32:37 (Reply to:busaman)

Yes we all agree with that, but even with OEM platforms the support is almost as bad...Sometimes NO support...its either sink or swim...Me and a buddy were discussing this,its like the days of a shade tree are over...You must be technical and mechanical nowadays...You must figure out what can and can not be done no matter what equipment we are using. It is a shame that things are becoming so technical just to do brakes, and throttle bodies or crank sensors\cam sensors... What happened to the good ole simple days when the worst thing you experienced was maybe a blown head gasket or maybe some head scratching vacuum leaks at the carb lines?lol I hope that support improves for us all and we get more answers faster or we technicians find answers on our own so we do not need as much support, thats my goal...WISHFUL THINKING HUH?LOL Well friends Happy New Year, and happy wrenching!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-02 18:11:10 (Reply to:912guy)

I think like what the USA and other nations did back in the late 80's and early 90's forcing car makers to comply to OBD2 standards of a common 16 pin connector and common protocol to simplify things for engine control Diagnostics , China should step up now , take the lead and force OE manufacturers to standardize the rest of the vehicle control systems and oversee new car model engineering to help lower the sheer amount of special expensive proprietary new tools necessary to be able to service new vehicles. All OE repair software and J2534 programming files must be made available to  the aftermarket after 5 years for free  and modules all be made to be editable ,hot swapable , and reusable.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2016-01-03 20:08:21 (Reply to:witsend)

I really think China has already taken the lead and pissed off the American manufacturers because of this...They  make mostly all aftermarket software that works well.. I have a c3 DAS unit from Auto-Tool-Diagnostic, aka eurotools from Shen Shen (however its spelled) this unit has never let me down and has all the functions as the dealership...does offline programming VERY well...variant coding and much more.If I was to buy that unit here in America it would have cost me 4 times the price... and for what??does it assure me that the American  hardware wont fail? NO,does the American seller give me any better warranty with the system? I highly recommend this Chinese vendor...because they are original chips in all there hardware and can be updated from original OEM site. This is why I trust them.BUT   .....Beware of some of the very cheap crap from China...a good platform will cost, but will be worth it...So I agree with you..and I think China is leading this issue and benefiting us all at the present..

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-01-04 08:15:02 (Reply to:912guy)

do you have any more details on this tool please ive done a search but nothing,,

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2016-01-04 13:20:25 (Reply to:busaman)

which tool are you referring to?DAS PLATFORM?

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2016-01-04 13:36:23 (Reply to:busaman)

http://www.auto-diagnostic-tool.com/por.asp?fid=101&id=177 

Thats the link...Tell them you want a complete system on a DELL D630 with DEVELOPER MODE ACTIVATED.This will have wis,tis,star finder,das- and Xentry, epc and give you the capacity to variant code, offline program, reflash, and change engineering configurations with such as show how many gallons left in tank on cluster,change lighting settings inside,change rear SAM features for tail lights, remove speed limiter  on any BENZ...I think it covers 1989-2015..I do many of those,but I make people sign a Waiver before doing so that I am not held responsible and it is the owners responsibility to make sure he has the tires,brakes,and all hardware to reach certain speeds, and if not it could damage the car or potentially cause bodily harm to driver. Also I have a clause in there that says by me doing so the driver is not getting the limiter removed to race or break any laws on Federal or State Roads..(sounds like a lot,but you must protect yourself in the event a young kid who just got a e55 amg for a low price decides he wants to crack 200 mph on the city streets, and at times I turn down some people). The newest benz I did was a 2013 GLK 350 I believe....  When doing variant coding with speedometers or any feature for the DME unit car must be running...and clear of codes  etc...Have fun, until next time Happy Wrenching!
  Total3 Pages